About Me

My photo
Ruff! My name is Sam I Am Irving Theophilus. I'm a Wauzer (my daddy was a Westie and my mama was a Schnauzer), and I'm happy to meet you! I love people, especially my human Allison. She and her sister adopted me from Little Rhody Rescue, so now I've found my forever home! Allison helped me make this blog so I could talk about all the exciting books I get to read in my new home. I just have to remember: books are friends, NOT food! Woof.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

If You Give a Wauzer a Book....

Hi!

     Allison had her first day of library school today. She woke up really early - when it was still dark! - and then she left to get on a big, loud bunch of connected cars called a "train" to go to Boston. I was a little nervous when Allison left. I knew she was worried about meeting new humans and getting the teachers' answers right. I want all of my humans to be happy! You know, I waited alllll day and chewed my bone and played toss with my giraffe and took lots of naps until Allison finally came home (I went with Mama Suz to pick her up at the station). And she was okay! Arooooooooooooo!!! In fact, she told me and Mama funny stories about the train and her class. After that? A hamburger supper and a much-needed game of tug-the-towel...  

Tug-the-towel! Ruff! A great afterschool activity!

      Happy about how fun her class was, Allison decided to read me a special story about a tiny mouse who goes to school. Here it is:



If You Take a Mouse to School, written by Laura Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond, is a cheerful tale about a mouse's adventures in school. Hitching a ride in his friend's lunchbox (his friend is a little human-pup), Mouse explores everything at school - from science experiments to spelling to building a wonderful house of wooden blocks and clay. Allison says this is a great book for human-pups to learn about something called "cause and effect," and many little ones will love the mouse's antics and facial expressions (shown in colorful, detailed pictures). My favorite picture is the one where Mouse is building a green volcano; he's even wearing funny glasses called "goggles" to keep his eyes safe when the volcano goes BOOM with sticky goo. Awoooo! I think human-pups will relate to the small hero of this story, making this a memorable read! I give it two paws up and a tail wag! Best for human-pups grades PreK-3.

And if you like this one, try If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If You Take a Mouse to the Movies, and If You Give a Moose a Muffin.   

Thinking of cookies...time to hunt down a bedtime biscuit! Cookies are good for staying a smart puppy, you know.

Your Cookie-Loving Student,
Sam I Am

2 comments:

  1. If You Take a Mouse to School, written by Laura Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond, is a cheerful tale about a mouse's adventures in school. its really very funny and then that carton image also looking so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, after reading this awesome piece of writing i am also delighted to share my familiarity here with friends.

    ReplyDelete