About Me

My photo
Ruff! My name is Sam I Am Irving Theophilus. I'm a Wauzer (my daddy was a Westie and my mama was a Schnauzer), and I'm happy to meet you! I love people, especially my human Allison. She and her sister adopted me from Little Rhody Rescue, so now I've found my forever home! Allison helped me make this blog so I could talk about all the exciting books I get to read in my new home. I just have to remember: books are friends, NOT food! Woof.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fancy Fall Fun: Sam I Am is Back and Ready to Enjoy Autumn

Hi!

      So I did a very silly thing awhile ago. A week before that thing called Halloween, I ate a tasty-looking rock, and a few days later I got sick. Allison, Rachel, and Suz had to bring me to a funny doctor who took a picture of inside my tummy. You know what? That mean little stone had gotten stuck in my tummy - and I had to stay overnight at the doctor's office so they could take it out. The nurse was nice, and I felt kind of better (except for the sore cut on my belly). But I was SO EXCITED to see my humans when they came to get me!  

      Anyway, that's one of the reasons Allison and I couldn't write. We didn't have time because I had to rest and feel better. Now of course, I'm back to my old ruff-and-tuff self again. Time to hide in the countless piles of crunchy leaves, track the acorn-hunting squirrels, and go on lots of adventures in the chilly fall air! 

Who wouldn't like romping around, paws crushing leaves and tongue out to lap up the autumn breezes?

Here's a few suggestions for fun fall reads:

Cynthia Rylant's Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon:
A great book of stories about a pup named Mudge and his human Henry! Whether standing by his human-pup during scary stories or playing in the leaves, Mudge is a wonderful, comical friend  for Henry. This one's the second in the Henry and Mudge series, and a favorite of Allison's and mine! Two paws up and a tail wag! Human-pups around 1st and 2nd grade will love it as read aloud especially! Ruff!!!


Henry and Mudge look at the moon together. They should practice their howling! Awoooooooo!

Maurice Pledger's Hiding in the Woods:
This one's a touch and feel book about the animals that live in the woods, from mouse to deer and fluttery butterflies. Best for preschool human-pups who love to explore through touch and hunting in pictures for the animals! One paw up!  

Alexandra Day's Follow Carl! :
This is a beautiful wordless picture book about a Rottweiler named Carl who leads a bunch of human-pups on merry game of follow-the-leader. Talk to your human-pup about what happens in all the pictures! Best for ages 3-7, and two paws up!

Off to snooze a bit and maybe work on one of those new bones Suz bought me. Liver-pork-chicken flavor! Yum!

                                                                                Yours in Autumn Adventuring,
                                                                                Sam I Am

No comments:

Post a Comment