About Me

My photo
Ruff! My name is Sam I Am Irving Theophilus. I'm a Wauzer (my daddy was a Westie and my mama was a Schnauzer), and I'm happy to meet you! I love people, especially my human Allison. She and her sister adopted me from Little Rhody Rescue, so now I've found my forever home! Allison helped me make this blog so I could talk about all the exciting books I get to read in my new home. I just have to remember: books are friends, NOT food! Woof.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hot on the Tail of Mystery

Hi!

     This entry has had a few false starts because Allison has to keep reminding me not to multi-task. More specifically, I am not supposed to try to dictate a blog entry to her while chewing on her toes. Or on her pants. Or on the towel on her floor. Or on that tasty spot of uneven floorboard. She gets a bit frustrated, but can I help if I'm still working on losing my puppy teeth? Sometimes we're a bit of a mystery to each other.

     Ahem. Anyway, Allison and I just finished James and Deborah Howe's Bunnicula. A pup of my curiosity finds mysteries very fun! Arooooo! You need to use all of your senses: smell, sight, hearing, taste, and touch. Anyone can be a detective - and every day. So the next few entries will be about detective stories (especially since my humans found two good ones yesterday at the bookstore!). This will make a good start:   

In this book, sub-titled "A Rabbit Tale of a Mystery," two pets must deal with the arrival of a new friend - a new friend that just may be a vampire rabbit! Told by Harold the dog, the story follows he, Chester the cat, and the mysterious Bunnicula. Chester thinks that the family's vegetables are turning white because Bunnicula is biting the juice out of them! What follows is a wonderful, funny adventure kept going by what Allison calls Chester's "overactive" imagination. The characters are loveable, and the pencil illustrations show their personalities as much as the story. Overall, I give this book two paws up and a tail wag! Human-pups ages 9-12 will love this book - and might also enjoy James Howe's other books in the Bunnicula series: Howliday Inn, Return to Howliday Inn,The Celery Stalks at Midnight, and Nighty NightmareFor littler human-pups (K-3), try Hot Fudge, Rabbit-Cadabra, Scared Silly, and more!     
    
  
 Chester, Harold, and the nose-twitching, veggie-attacking Bunnicula.

My own mystery: to wonder what adventures I will have next...

I'd make a terrific detective hero, don't you think? Step into my office. Rufff!
     
     With more mysteries to follow, I remain your faithful, book-loving pup,
Sam I Am

No comments:

Post a Comment