About Me

My photo
Ruff! My name is Sam I Am Irving Theophilus. I'm a Wauzer (my daddy was a Westie and my mama was a Schnauzer), and I'm happy to meet you! I love people, especially my human Allison. She and her sister adopted me from Little Rhody Rescue, so now I've found my forever home! Allison helped me make this blog so I could talk about all the exciting books I get to read in my new home. I just have to remember: books are friends, NOT food! Woof.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Homeward Bounds: Adventures and the Glories of HOME

Hi!

     After a few days without Allison - she left me to go on an adventure to someplace called New Hampshire - we're back together again. I was a little confused when I would go to sleep and she wasn't there, but now she has lots of stories to tell me! Allison visited her friend Amy, went to a Mexican restaurant in a big city, and saw a movie called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. New places, new food, friends! Exciting! Woof!

     Of course, I reminded Allison that we still have a lot of territory to explore nearer home. There are those strange cooing pigeons to chase, friends like Holly and Chance to visit, and endless trees and shrubs to sniff. Laughing, Allison ruffled the fur around my ears and assured me that she wouldn't be adventuring without me again for awhile. At this, I let my tongue loll happily and started a game of chase-me-look-you-can't-catch-me-if-I-dive-under-the-couch. Minutes later, satisfied and panting hard, I settled in Allison's room for a bit of reading. This next book is about a dog - a little like me with his big paws and big curiosity - who loves to explore.  
  


Marjorie Flack's Angus and the Ducks details the adventures of a Scottish terrier named Angus. One day Angus decides to explore more of the world beyond his home and his couch - to eventually find that while adventures are grand, it's always great to have a house and family to come home to. Human-pups will love Angus' fiesty determination and all that he encounters on his day out (including ducks!). The old-fashioned illustrations are what Allison calls "elegant," and Angus' curiosity highlights the kinds of questions human-pups might have about their world. One paw up for this Prek-K read. Ruff! You may also want to check out Angus Lost and Angus and the Cat by this author!  

 Lots of questions and reflections; a curious pup wants answers!

Whew! I'm dog-tired from that game and that reading. I think I'll go curl up under Allison's night table. She's promised me a new adventure for tomorrow, so I'd better rest up! In any case, I'm glad she's home. Arooooooo!

Ever curious, but loving Home,
Sam I Am

No comments:

Post a Comment