About Me

My photo
Ruff! My name is Sam I Am Irving Theophilus. I'm a Wauzer (my daddy was a Westie and my mama was a Schnauzer), and I'm happy to meet you! I love people, especially my human Allison. She and her sister adopted me from Little Rhody Rescue, so now I've found my forever home! Allison helped me make this blog so I could talk about all the exciting books I get to read in my new home. I just have to remember: books are friends, NOT food! Woof.

Monday, July 25, 2011

My Journey to the Book Barn, a Wonderful Place

Hi!

      I wanted to write about my adventures yesterday, but my family and I got back home really late. I was so sleepy that Allison had to carry me to my bed and tuck me in next to Mr. Squeaky Duck. You see, we traveled all the way to a place called "The Book Barn" in Niantic, Connecticut (you have to spell it "connect-i-cut" - Allison helped me with that). The second I padded toward the first building, I just knew that I had found a special place. Imagine, a bookstore surrounded by lots of gardens and nooks and crannies to sniff! Lots of different buildings (some like houses, others like sheds and outside closets) filled with gigantic bookshelves! Games like checkers on wooden tables, and little cars and balls for human-pups to play with!

Best of all, I was allowed EVERYWHERE!!!

Clockwise: A pup among the stacks, posing with Allison in front of a little display of the Book Barn (it looks like a dollhouse),& the main Barn building.

     My humans and I spent quite a few happy hours roaming around the books. (In between, Daddy taught me a new game with something called a "basketball," which I'll be writing about soon!) One small building was painted with animals and had a whole section of dog books inside! Right away I found a book for some future ahem adventures baking cookies:


It's called Tasty Treats for Demanding Dogs. Arooo! Sounds yummy!

      Of course, I also found the energy to try to befriend the locals. Unfortunately, one in particular was kind of mean when I tried to start a game of chase:

Away she stalked; silly kitty!

          Because writing about even a couple of our fantastic bookstore finds will take me awhile, I'll leave that for tomorrow. But I definitely recommend this Book Barn place! It's possibly the only human-pup AND pet-friendly bookstore on the east coast (At least, it's the first I've been allowed to browse in! Woof!). For a fun book-filled adventure, check it out! I know my humans and I are going back again and again.

                                                                     Yours in unique destinations,
                                                                      Sam I Am


No comments:

Post a Comment