About Me

My photo
Ruff! My name is Sam I Am Irving Theophilus. I'm a Wauzer (my daddy was a Westie and my mama was a Schnauzer), and I'm happy to meet you! I love people, especially my human Allison. She and her sister adopted me from Little Rhody Rescue, so now I've found my forever home! Allison helped me make this blog so I could talk about all the exciting books I get to read in my new home. I just have to remember: books are friends, NOT food! Woof.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Be a Peanut Butter Friend: Stick Together with Those You Love!

Hi!

      Still in my funny cone hat, I've been trying to do what Allison told me and relax. She says if I run around too much I might "bust" my stitches and it would hurt. But it's so hard to stay still with so much energy! Arooooo!

     See, this is my Aww-can't-we-play-chase? face.

     Allison lets me play fetch, but doesn't throw Clifford very far. That way I don't have to work as hard. She makes up for no chase games with extra books though! I think I would've started to go crazy if my humans had not been so nice to me! (Things get ruff without friends!) That's what friends are for; they take care of you and cheer you up when you're sad. Friends stick together like peanut butter to the roof of my mouth! Just like the friends in the book I read today...

Mini Grey's picture book Three By the Sea is an unusual story about three unlikely friends. Cat, Dog, and Mouse live happily together in a little house on the beach - until a travelling sales-fox comes to visit and stirs up trouble. (The fur on my back bristled when Allison read aloud the part when the Fox swaggers in with his pin-striped suit and trouble-making questions.) Suddenly Dog feels like Cat is getting lazy, Cat feels like Mouse's cooking is boring, and Mouse feels like Dog is a terrible gardener! The three friends argue, and a tearful Mouse leaves home - only to be swept up by a big wave. Human-pups will like this story's exciting climax as Dog, Cat, and Mouse all pull together to save Mouse and their friendship. As for the ending? It shows the power of friendship renewed, the importance of talking to your friends, and why sometimes you have to compromise when you love someone. Compromise means everyone works together toward the best solution for everyone - even if one pup needs to give a little bit up! I give this book one paw up, especially liking the illustrations that at times (so Allison says) seem like a "scrapbook style." Best for human-pups in grades K-3. Arooooo!  

Now I'm sleepy. All this rain and reading sure makes a dog want a snuggly snooze! Until next time, then!

Your friend (still stuck in a cone),
Sam I Am

No comments:

Post a Comment